Thursday, November 3, 2011

One Berry, Two Berry

The reason for this blog is because I feel like my brain is about to explode. I have journals upon journals, and I can never keep up with them. I feel like this is something I will not share with people right away, but maybe one day I will let people inside of my brain.

I picked the title 'One Berry, Two Berry', because it was one of, if not, my all time favorite story to be read to by my Dad. He would always read it aloud in a special way and if I ever bring up this children's book, he will start reciting the words, perfectly. (I can guarantee that he still knows all of the words and exactly how to say them.) Now that I have grown from that little girl, I always find myself thinking back to this book; it's like comfort food, but in book form.

When I'm stressed or can't sleep, I will play the voice of my Dad reading this book to me. It puts me into instant relaxation. In a way, this book, which is called Jamberry, makes me take a few breaths as if I am that 5 year old child again, remembering that place where I can just be who I am without a care in the world. When I replay my Dad reading this book to me, I go back in that safe place where I felt as if I could conquer the world; I strive for that feeling a lot now as a person who now has that world to conquer.

And today, when I couldn't think of a name for this journal of sorts, I thought of the children's book Jamberry. As I do most days when I need to take a minute to regain my confidence, I remembered... One Berry, Two Berry.


No comments:

Post a Comment