Thursday, March 20, 2014

It's not what I imagined. At all.

It's not what I imagined. At all.


This is something I have been hearing over and over in my life as of late. It's something I catch myself making a mental tally of how many time I hear that statement from people around me. To me, I don't really understand. I don't understand why people expect things to ever going their way. I guess maybe it is those certain people who have, I don't want to say it but I will, who have been spoon fed just about everything in their life. I guess there are humans out there who have had a particularly easy go at life, had their plans pan out perfectly and then there's me. This isn't a pitty party, I don't mind that things never work out exactly how I want them too, because usually I underestimate how things will work out. But I will say I have always had an up hill climb, with the best support system, but it's always been tough for me. I was forced into a really harsh reality very early on that my brain is a little more... mature in it's thinking. I've been faced with a lot of turmoil, (it's okay... just the circle of life) but non the less, those events have rushed the specialness naive reactions of a child, to be gone since I can remember.


So here I am, almost 22, and I hear about people stepping into real world adult life (for their first time) and then they go "It's just NOT how I expected it to be." I want to laugh! What did you THINK it was going to be? What did you expect adult situations to be like? It's not like an episode of friends where things work out for the audience to "aw" at the end. Yes, life always does work out, but some times it definitely goes in the opposite way you "planned" it to be.


I guess this is why I get a little weary at the site of people wanting to rush the process. The process of marriage, and families, the process of in-laws, and finding your own health insurance etc. All the power to the people who have the means to actually get involved in such adult acts, I honestly wish that was where I was at, but I don't understand the mind set of not expecting everything to be rainbows and butterflies when I am there. I think people underestimate the WORK it takes to get married, not just with your partner, but with that persons family, and your family, and the ups and downs life promises you from day one.

This statement has been around me with people entering schools, or new jobs, not just new relationships, but I guess my mind has been built to be a little more expectant on the ups and downs of life. I just wish people would stop expecting things, and just let things flow.




No comments:

Post a Comment