Friday, December 2, 2011

My People

I feel like finding people that you feel like you connect with 100% is a really hard thing for everyone. I never really have a hard time connecting with people, I seem to always find something to talk to with people and I can always connect with someone on some level; I have a hard time finding people who I feel like I don't have to force conversation. A week ago my aunt and I were talking about how finding 'your people' is one of the best parts of growing up.

I have only had 2 best friends my whole life that have stuck through, one of which has been in my life since I was 18 months old. Since I got to college I could never find that group of people where I felt like I was completely who I am. I think like many college kids, I have found lots of groups that I could fit in and hang out with in college but honestly, I always felt like I wasn't ever truly myself.

Finding my people has been one of the best parts of this first semester of my sophomore year of college. I felt like it was something that was completely out of reach last year, and to be honest I came close to giving up a few times. Even though this semester has been one of the hardest semesters of my life because I am facing a lot of challenges, but I can honestly say I am happy with how things are going.

That is because of my people.

No comments:

Post a Comment