Monday, November 11, 2013

Roughin' it Ranch Style










Well, my dear Matthew finally got me up to the family ranch this last weekend. We have tried a few times since we have started seeing each other, and it just kept not working out. When he talked about this place, it was like the magical place I'll never actually see with my own eyes. We were driving and driving, and the farther we got up there, he started to turn into this old cowboy, an 18 year old who was excited to see his long lost friend, and a historian all in one. He was so giddy when we pulled up, and I was breathless. I got out of the truck, and it was silent. The silence was deafening. I looked all around and there was nothing but the sound of snow melt, and my heart pounding. We went up to close up the ranch with his Aunt and Uncle. It was such a treat to get to know them. Without internet, television, and cell service, there isn't anything you can do but chat, eat and drink, which we certainly did. He has such special people who care so much about him, I wish he could see what I see, but I will do my best making it known to him.

I could tell you all the details that I will cherish about this trip forever, but I am going to keep a few so people will actually ask about the trip. All I know is I fall more in love with this man every time I see different parts of him. And I am so thankful for this weekend that he took me along for, because it was much needed, and I feel much more grounded after this weekend with him.  



PS. that picture of him looking at me, MELTS MY HEART!

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment