Monday, May 7, 2012

Patience.

Pa*tience Noun: The capacity to accept or tolerate delay, trouble, or suffering without getting angry or upset.

The word patience has been consistently showing up everywhere in my life. It has always been a word my parents throw at me and like any child, when you are told to be patient, you get even more antsy and aggravated that anyone would have the nerve to tell you to just be patient with whatever is so important in life right at that moment. Then this noun popped up on one of those Dove chocolate wrappers that I usually just get annoyed with. This time I looked at the wrapper like it was a human and was so upset that a chocolate wrapper had the guts to tell me to have patience. Then I was walking home with a good friend of mine, and he turned to me and said, "Mack, you just need to be patient with yourself. You are always in a hurry to have everything put together and you need to realize how great you are and should be treated as such. Things will all work out the way they should, if you would just be patient with yourself, you would see all these things I see." (lucky girl I am to have such a good person in my life huh?)

So this word, patience has been on my brain since my friend and I talked. Maybe this word is a good word, not a word I should just automatically get frustrated with. I am starting to realize that I have no control over what the end result in life is. Obviously I can sway the end result but, what is going to happen, by the grace of God, Karma, or whatever 'being' that I am still trying to figure out I believe in, has the control and I, Macky Cole, have no say at all.

With the last week of school being here..FINALLY.. patience is the word that is getting me by. I need to be patient with myself and know that what is supposed to be, will. For the first time the word patience, is giving me a little bit of hope or excitement, rather than annoyance.





p.s. here is a great song by the talented Zee Avi that I was listening to while writing. Check her out!

No comments:

Post a Comment